SoCal Field Engineer
|Title:||SoCal Field Engineer|
Milender White actively pursues, trains and retains exceptionally talented individuals who are able to support company growth as we continue to win coveted projects. We seek those who desire to perform at high levels on an individual and team basis.
This entry level position works directly with the Project Superintendent and Project Manager. The Field Engineer is responsible for all project layout and dimensional accuracy, interpretation of plans and specifications, communicating and establishing control lines for crafts and subcontractors, job-wide safety, producing detailed concrete form drawings for field use, and tracking and reporting daily job production.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Monitors activities at construction sites.
- Works to ensure construction progresses as scheduled and contract specifications are adhered to.
- Inspects construction site daily and works with contractors to schedule deliveries.
- Preparation of lift drawings.
- Assist in gathering quantities of work in place and reporting the same for the Monthly Cost Control.
- On small projects the Office Field Engineer may also do the weekly timekeeping.
- Check concrete forms for accuracy and adequacy of construction, including all embedded items before placement of concrete.
- Assist with quality control, safety program and coordination of Subcontractors as delegated by the Project Superintendent.
- Coordinate material deliveries by checking material requirements in advance and comparing with the delivery status. Additionally, verify materials delivered to the job for quantity, quality and condition.
- Assist Foreman with interpretation of plans and specification.
- Work closely with the Project Superintendent to avoid duplication of effort, as well as to report individual progress and activities so they can be continually evaluated and corrected, if necessary.
- Direct a small work force, a small crew or small scope of work in order to gain supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and get along with others.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university in construction management, engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 6 months to 2 years’ experience not required but preferred
- Strong computer skills including Excel
Affirmative Action / EOE
Milender White maintains a drug and alcohol free work environment.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications