A strong work ethic, a professional appearance and demeanor, and a good overall knowledge of many construction types is required. You must also display excellent customer service skills, including solid communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to interact in a positive way with a wide variety of different types of clients, subcontractors, fellow employees, management, and office personnel.
- Work with and be able to read blueprints or instructions from Supervisor
- Work with materials such as metal, wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Utilize power and hand tools such as chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives
- Work on ladders, man-lifts, and the top beams of buildings
- Rigging loads and signaling crane operator
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure
- Assemble and install vertical and horizontal formwork
- Create structures for pouring concrete
- Build concrete forms for structures
- Build stairs and understand basic stair layout
- Build shoring bracing
- Erect form scaffolding
- Install partitions, doors, and windows
- Operate Heavy Equipment
- Install cabinets and molding; build or repair cabinets, doors framework, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools
- Put up drywall, flooring and/or siding
- Remodel businesses
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors
- Move and install machinery.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work safely and attend safety training as needed/appropriate
- Preferred 1+ years of experience in rough and/or finish carpentry
- Ability to monitor jobsite and work effectively with other team members and subcontractors
- Preferred qualified rigger
- Preferred CPR/First Aid certified
- Knowledge of trench and excavation safety
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures including skill saw, miter saw and jig saw
- Familiarity with appropriate local building codes
- Possession of basic hand tools
- Extensive knowledge of power tools
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Available to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to estimate height, width, length and other proportions
- Must be able to function as a responsible team member
- Must exhibit excellent communications and interpersonal skills including strong work ethic
- Reliable transportation to be at work regularly
- Ability to do basic math
- Understanding of proper equipment maintenance
- Must pass a background check and physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Capable of climbing ladder of heights up to 20 feet
- Capable of carrying up to 80 lbs. (wears tool harness of 60-80 lbs. for entire shift)
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to chest
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist
- Walks and stands for long periods of time
- Pull and push up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions, from extreme cold to extreme heat
- Uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue
- The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi limb coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs.
- Vision of at least 20/40 or better with both eyes together and no worse than 20/70 in the poorer eye to operate a forklift or heavy equipment with or without corrective lenses
- Adequate hearing to meet operational demands, with or without hearing aid
- Normal depth perception, field of vision, reaction time, manual dexterity, coordination, and no tendencies to dizziness or similar characteristics
- A negative result for a substance abuse test.
- No evidence of being subject to seizures or loss of physical control
- Bends, stoops and twists as necessary.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity and apply, please visit us at www.milenderwhite.com/careers
Affirmative Action / EOE
Milender White maintains a drug and alcohol free work environment. A drug or alcohol test will be part of the pre-employment screening process or pre-employment physical.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications